Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
MNivesse
ParticipantHi Rick,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I really like CADTools. I probably use 5% of the tool because I divert the use of a CAD tool to an illustrator tool for my work. My problem with this plugin is that bug:[It seems that I can’t insert the picture in the post so here is a link:] http://www.mnivesse.com/ProjetsPublics/cadtools/HotDoorAxonometry.jpg
An object in rotated isometry. It doesn’t work ! I had strange objects in some artwork and couldn’t figure out why until I discovered this bug. That’s crazy because the Preview in the toolbox is correct but not the object in the worksheet.
It is more obvious with a circle:http://www.mnivesse.com/ProjetsPublics/cadtools/HotDoorAxonometry-2.jpg
And you can try the Trimetric or other presetted projections, that doesn’t work correctly either.
Anyway, you don’t seem to have the same problem using the same core. So, good job πRegarding cubes and cylinders, yes I can type an extrusion distance but… It’s good for an engineer or a technical illustrator, not for me who works by feeling. CADTools click and drag tools are really amazing for this.
But I’m quite intrigued by your process in your video. I need to try. The auto shadow, wow, looks really powerful.
Ok you “draw your 3D house in less than 40sec” but… you have to draw it in three 2D views first πRegards,
-
AuthorPosts
