AxoTools provides the tools for technical illustrators to define an axonometric view (isometric, dimetric, or trimetric) and project flat orthographic art to the left, right, or top planes of that view.
Define common reference points in each view so that projected art appears in place in the axonometric view. This saves much time and guesswork when doing drawings where objects aren’t rectangular and don’t conveniently meet at the corners.
When a reference point is moved in one view, its counterparts in other views are automatically adjusted as well so that the spatial relationship between the views is preserved.
The plugin includes four tools:
Axo Tool defines and moves reference points also moves selected art or individual anchor points constrained to the nearest axis.
Axo Rotate tool allows you to rotate an object within the axonometric plane it’s in. The tool displays a protractor for that plane, and allows you to press Shift to constrain the rotation to increments of 15 degrees.
Axo Scale tool can scale an object along the X, Y, or Z axis.
Menu items add the following functions:
- Project or unproject views with keyboard shortcuts.
- Navigate between each view with keyboard shortcuts.
- FREE Paste cube or cylinder clipart into your illustration, oriented to the current axonometric view with options for the drawing style.
AxoTools Basics video
NEW in free update: Axo Extrude tool extrudes paths along an axis by dragging, or numerically within a panel.
Extrudes along any of the three axes with options for how the art is drawn.
- Filled with white
- Filled with the existing art color
- Shaded with the existing art color
- Optional preset line weights
Axo Line tool draws lines constrained to the current axes, automatically concatenating them as you go. Use multiple line weights. This feature is FREE, no license required.
Requires Adobe Illustrator CS6 through 2020 for Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020. 500 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $30 (volume licenses also available)
This plugin for Adobe Illustrator connects two or more selected paths into one continuous path. You choose how close the endpoints must be to combine the paths, how many degrees from tangent the endpoints must be, and how close to tangent joined curves must be to be smoothed into a continuous curve. The plugin also includes Assimilate, which will search out unselected paths that are within the distance and angle you specify, and concatenate them to a selected path.
Concatenate tutorial video
Requires Adobe Illustrator CS6 through 2020 for Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020. 200 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $20 (volume licenses also available)
Cleanup Tool plugin
Quickly clean up vector art to create smooth transitions from one segment to another. With only a click, make a segment straight or curved, blending seamlessly into the adjacent segments. Adjust the control handles of Bezier curves, keeping them tangent to their smooth anchor points. Drag a path to another to assimilate them with a smooth connecting segment. Drag a selected anchor point to move it, constrained to the path’s tangent angle, even if it’s under other art objects. And much ore!
Requires Adobe Illustrator CS6 through 2020 for Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020. 100 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $10 (volume licenses also available)
Nudge Panel plugin
Nudge Panel is a plugin for Adobe Illustrator that allows you to adjust the position of an art object, patterned fill within an object or dash pattern along a path. Clicking the arrow buttons will move the dash or pattern by one point. Holding down combinations of modifier keys will make the distance moved longer or shorter. Click the “Untransform” button to reset a dash or pattern to its default setting, also removing any transformations such as scaling, rotating, etc., that may have been done earlier.
Requires Adobe Illustrator CS6 through 2020 for Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020. 1,000 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $15 (volume licenses also available)
Square Up plugin
This plugin will convert a selected path’s anchor points to corner points, and adjust the path segments so that lines within 20 degrees of perpendicular will be made square to each other. Use keyboard shortcuts to make quick work of an otherwise tedious task when cleaning up technical drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
For Illustrator CS6 through CC, Mac or Windows. $10 (volume licenses available)
Paths can be squared in several ways:
- Vertical and horizontal.
- Along the current constrain angle.
- Along the dominant axis within the selection.
- All control handles retracted into the anchor points for straight lines with corner points.
Requires Adobe Illustrator CS3 through 2020 for Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020.
1,000 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $10 (volume licenses available)
This plugin adds four tools to the tool panel:
Hatchet tool: Click to use like the Scissors tool, except that it will cut through all paths at that point, not just the top path. This makes it perfect for cutting two lines where they cross. Hold down the Option key to cut through only selected paths. After cutting, you can drag the tool over the unwanted paths to delete them.
Table Saw tool: Click and drag to create a straight line. When you release the mouse button, the Saber Saw will do a fence cut through all paths that cross the one you drew.
Saber Saw tool: Drag the tool to draw a free-form line. When you release the mouse button, the Saber Saw will do a fence cut through all paths that cross the one you drew.
Vector Vac tool: Either click on paths or drag through them to delete.
For Adobe Illustrator CS6 through 2020 for Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020. 1,000 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $10 (volume licenses available)
ToolShed is a collection of utility functions accessed through menus in Adobe Illustrator.
- Stabilized Pencil tool adds a “leash” to a pencil tool to smooth its travels similar to Photoshop’s smoothed brushes. Create corners where you want them and draw smooth broad strokes with ease. Choose your leader length and path smoothing settings.
- Offset Open Paths offsets an open or closed path; open paths offset as open, not closed! Use a dialog or tool to offset one or many copies on one or both sides of the target path.
- Tangent Arc tool draws circular arcs that are tangent to another path or smoothly continues a path at the angle of its endpoint. The extent of the arc can be very small or nearly a full circle. Press the Alt/Option key to draw a tangent straight line, or press Shift to constrain its angle to increments of 15 degrees.
- Latitude Lines creates a series of parallel lines distributed as though they were evenly spaced and wrapped around a cylinder (or globe), with live preview.
- Create a Radiant, or a group of lines fanning out like a pie chart at equidistant angles, with live preview.
- Unscale art will figure the inverse of a scaling factor to restore objects to their original size (or at least very, very close).
- Scale to Proportion scales art relative to two given values.
- Scale Stroke Weight will scale the line thickness of selected paths without scaling the art itself.
- Transform tool allows you to scale and rotate art without accidentally skewing. Rotate just the bounding box in order to stretch the art along any angle you choose.
- Minimum Stroke Weight will find all paths with a stroke thinner than your minimum and set the width accordingly.
- Fade will lighten or darken the stroke and/or fill of a path object by a given percentage.
Free features (These features work without licensing, even after the trial period has expired):
- Scale to Proportion
- Scale Stroke Weight
- Minimum Stroke Weight
ToolShed requires Adobe Illustrator version CS6 through 2020 on Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020. 1,000 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $15 (volume licenses available)
With the TextSync plugin, you can export text objects, either point text or area text, to a tab-delimited text file that can be opened in a word processor or spreadsheet for editing outside of Adobe Illustrator. If each text object contains, say, a bold head, italic subhead, and description, your spreadsheet would show each callout as a row with a new column wherever the text formatting changes.
When the text is imported back into the Illustrator document, the plugin first locates the original text object and flows the new text in, preserving the original character formatting.
If there is no corresponding text object, each line item becomes a new point text object in the visible document view.
TextSync requires Adobe Illustrator version CS6 through 2020 on Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020. 100 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $10 (volume licenses available)
ServerLock is a plug-in for Adobe Illustrator that warns a user when opening a file on a shared server that’s already being edited by another user. It creates a small lock file (*.ailk) when editing a file, and is referenced by other users to recognize a file already being edited, allowing them to respond accordingly.
When opening a file that’s in use by someone else, a user will be presented with a dialog offering three choices:
- Cancel opening the file
- Open the file for viewing or copying (saving is disabled in this mode*)
- Override the lock and acquire ownership of the file
The plugin can be enabled or disabled by selecting the menu item File > Enable/Disable ServerLock.
ServerLock requires Adobe Illustrator version CS6 through CC on Mac or Windows. 500 free trial uses, no fixed trial period. $50 (volume licenses available)
(Formerly Isometric Line Tool, now replaced by AxoTools)
Easily draw straight paths at isometric angles, or at axonometric angles for a projection you specify by double-clicking the tool icon.
Also includes an axonometric mover tool to easily move selected art along any axis.
If you use Hot Door’s awesome CADtools plugin, you can define your axonometric settings there and IsoTool will adjust accordingly.
IsoTool is free for Illustrator CS6 through CC on Mac or Windows.
Select Menu for Adobe Illustrator CS6 through 2020 adds items to the Select->Object menu. Illustrator CC added Point Text Objects and Area Text Objects, so Select Menu adds them for CS6 users as well. In addition, it adds the following items:
- Legacy Text Objects
- Path Text Objects
- Open Paths
- Closed Paths
- Filled Paths
- Unfilled Paths
- Stroked Paths
- Unstroked Paths
- Dashed Paths
- Undashed Paths
- Compound Paths
- Styled Art
- Unstyled Art
- Opaque Art
- Transparent Art
- Live Objects
- Gradient Meshes
- Raster Art
- Placed Art
- Plugin Art
For Adobe Illustrator CS6 through CC, Mac or Windows. Notarized for macOS 10.15 Catalina with Illustrator 2019 and 2020.
Set of all paid plugins for Illustrator
Save over purchasing individual licenses. One license enables all Illustrator plugins listed here, and the CS6-CC version includes unannounced plugins now in development.
$50 (volume licenses available)
Save over $100 over purchasing all plugins individually!