Meanwhile, here are my observations so far:
1. Units conversion seems to work almost flawlessly. I mean it works all the time, except the very first time I tweaked Stroke Widths: as soon as I entered the detail stroke value, 0.5mm, the outline one become 1000 time larger it seemed. I changed detail to 1mm and outline became 1000 larger again! I changed the outline manually and it stayed as I entered it and now the bug is gone.
2. Actually, there is something else with units. Enter ‘0.25’ to that detail stroke field — it will add mm to it, OK. Place cursor after 2, press Backspace, hit Enter. Instead of adapting to 0.5mm we get 5mm. Please remember that I work with regional comma delimiter and it gets translated all right — whatever I enter, comma or dot, both got converted to comma-view, as Ai does everywhere for me. So it means it ignores integral part every time we change decimal.
3. Dodecahedron looks amazing. I didn’t try to repeat it yet, but I’d need that several months before, when I needed to create a soccer ball, a truncated icosahedron! This would be a great tutorial and a example file.
4. I wonder why you decided to stop displaying a part of the rotation circle as dashed, the same way as move axis. It used to provide valueable info on what direction would be positive,
5. I wish that Add/Update button would actually say Add or Update, depending on what it would do — add one more position with values entered or update one selected to the right. Several times already I believed I will add, but instead modified and vice versa.
6. When I use a duplication script (emailed to RJ) on any other object than a ‘transformation’ one — I get a copy below currently selected object, and this copy gets selected instead of the original. When this script is used for transformation object — I have both the original and the copy selected. Have no idea why yet.
7. When you command Edit > Undo — all Axo commands are nameless. It’d be useful to see what is it that you would undo, like ‘Undo Project to … plane’
8. For some reason hovering hints for ‘Project …’ buttons in Axo Project panel are displayed below the panel, I see only the part that is uncovered by it.
As for the button you ask — nah, I think it matters little. I’d even say the panel is complex enough. Typing in minus is a common operation at the level of Axo users, I am sure of it.